- Family awarded $820,000 in wrongful death suit (CentralOhio.com)
LANCASTER – A jury awarded a family $820,000 in a wrongful death suit against a local doctor. An eight-member jury found that Lancaster physician Steven Cox was negligent in his care and treatment of June Holt. Holt died two days after undergoing a colonoscopy in 2000 at Fairfield Medical Center.
- Wrongful Death Gain Reversed (Gay City News)
A New York appeals court in Brooklyn ruled on October 11 that a “wrongful death” lawsuit brought by a surviving civil union partner must be dismissed, because the partners were not “spouses” under New York law.
- Marlon Brando’s son testifies in Robert Blake trial, but says little (Court TV Online)
Christian Brando was on the stand for nearly an hour Tuesday in Robert Blake’s civil trial, but he divulged nothing, pleading the Fifth Amendment on more than two dozen questions about his troubled relationship with Blake’s murdered wife Bonny Lee Bakley.
- Acquitted of mall murder, driver gets 20 years (The Daily Record)
After saying that a jury “ignored the law” in acquitting a teen-ager of murder in the mall shooting death of teacher William Bassett, a Baltimore County judge yesterday gave the defendant the maximum sentence for the offense he was convicted of — attempted armed robbery.
- Same-Sex Partner Loses Wrongful Death Action (Law.com via Yahoo! Finance)
Same-sex partners cannot pursue a wrongful death action in New York, a divided appeals court ruled Thursday in a closely watched case involving two New Yorkers who had entered into a civil union in Vermont.
- Blanchard E. Tual, Administrator of the Estate of Bonny Lee Bakley v. Robert Blake a/k/a Michael Gubitois,; Earle …
… Complaint for Damages for Wrongful Death. BLANCHARD E … said Decedent, ) WRONGFUL DEATH. Plaintiff, vs. ) …
- ACTIONS FOR WRONGFUL DEATH
Rules 2201 to 2225. ACTIONS FOR WRONGFUL DEATH. RULE 2201. DEFINITIONS. RULE 2202. PARTIES ENTITLED TO BRING ACTION FOR WRONGFUL DEATH. RULE 2203. PROCEDURE TO REMOVE PLAINTIFF. RULE 2204. AVERMENTS IN PLAINTIFF’S PLEADING. RULE 2205. … the initial pleading of the plaintiff in an action for wrongful death shall state the plaintiff’s relationship to …
- Plaintiff Personal Injury Wrongful Death Lawyer Baton Rouge Louisiana McGlynn Glisson & Koch Attorneys Attorney …
… Drug Manufacturer Liability. Wrongful Death. Medical Malpractice … © 2003 McGlynn Glisson & Koch. Plaintiff Personal Injury and Wrongful Death …
- Perry, Womack & Ward, L.L.P.
practice areas include medical malpractice, personal injury and wrongful death, premises liability, products liability, and motor vehicle accidents.
- Georgia Wrongful Death Law
… Medical malpractice – Wrongful Death – Plaintiff alleged that Dr … it over Plaintiff’s husband causing death. Plaintiff brought wrongful death action, alleging that Defendant had …