- New law will make it easier to punish child molesters (San Jose Mercury News)
Five years after Maricela Montes walked out of a Santa Clara County courthouse in tears and her alleged rapist walked free, a local lawmaker and prosecutor are celebrating a new law inspired by the Gilroy teen that makes it easier to prosecute child molesters whose victims wait years to report the crimes.
- Early voting opens for constitutional amendments (Brownwood Bulletin)
A proposed ban on gay marriage is expected to be the big ballot draw as Texans start casting early votes today for the Nov. 8 constitutional amendments election.
- Govt could override states on terrorism laws, says expert (ABC via Yahoo! Australia & NZ News)
A constitutional law expert says the Federal Government has the power to override the states in bringing in its proposed anti-terrorism laws.
- Law Council backs concerns over anti-terror bill (ABC via Yahoo! Australia & NZ News)
The Law Council of Australia (LCA) has backed concerns the proposed new counter-terrorism legislation is at odds with the constitution.
- N.J. Issues Curfew for Sex Offenders (AP via Yahoo! News)
New Jersey sex offenders who face supervision under Megan’s Law will be confined to their homes on Halloween and will be under orders not to answer the door when trick-or-treaters come calling.
- LII: Law about…the Constitution
LII: An overview of constitutional law with links to key primary and secondary sources. … The broad topic of constitutional law deals with the interpretation and implementation of the United … foundation of the United States, constitutional law deals with some of the …
- FindLaw: Supreme Court
includes a history of the Supreme Court, briefs, a case index, decisions, and information on current and past Justices.
- Constitutional Law – International
Foreign and International Law. Constitutional Law – International. International Constitutional Law resource page with links to constitutions world wide, constitutional laws of the world, international constitutional courts, and more.
- FindLaw: Legal Subjects: Constitutional Law
… Constitutional Law Attorneys, Lawyers and Law Firms (Find a Lawyer) Constitutional Law Expert Witnesses and Consultants … Search News. Constitutional Law Case Summaries …
- Law > Constitutional in the Yahoo! Directory
Yahoo! reviewed these sites and found them related to Law > Constitutional … for reform. FindLaw Constitutional Law Center – guide to historic documents, biographies … Court decisions, and other constitutional law topics. Constitutional Rights Foundation …