Skip to content
- Family awarded $820,000 in wrongful death suit (CentralOhio.com)
LANCASTER – A jury awarded a family $820,000 in a wrongful death suit against a local doctor. An eight-member jury found that Lancaster physician Steven Cox was negligent in his care and treatment of June Holt. Holt died two days after undergoing a colonoscopy in 2000 at Fairfield Medical Center.
- Wrongful Death Gain Reversed (Gay City News)
A New York appeals court in Brooklyn ruled on October 11 that a “wrongful death” lawsuit brought by a surviving civil union partner must be dismissed, because the partners were not “spouses” under New York law.
- Marlon Brando’s son testifies in Robert Blake trial, but says little (Court TV Online)
Christian Brando was on the stand for nearly an hour Tuesday in Robert Blake’s civil trial, but he divulged nothing, pleading the Fifth Amendment on more than two dozen questions about his troubled relationship with Blake’s murdered wife Bonny Lee Bakley.
- Acquitted of mall murder, driver gets 20 years (The Daily Record)
After saying that a jury “ignored the law” in acquitting a teen-ager of murder in the mall shooting death of teacher William Bassett, a Baltimore County judge yesterday gave the defendant the maximum sentence for the offense he was convicted of — attempted armed robbery.
- Same-Sex Partner Loses Wrongful Death Action (Law.com via Yahoo! Finance)
Same-sex partners cannot pursue a wrongful death action in New York, a divided appeals court ruled Thursday in a closely watched case involving two New Yorkers who had entered into a civil union in Vermont.
- Blanchard E. Tual, Administrator of the Estate of Bonny Lee Bakley v. Robert Blake a/k/a Michael Gubitois,; Earle …
… Complaint for Damages for Wrongful Death. BLANCHARD E … said Decedent, ) WRONGFUL DEATH. Plaintiff, vs. ) …
- ACTIONS FOR WRONGFUL DEATH
Rules 2201 to 2225. ACTIONS FOR WRONGFUL DEATH. RULE 2201. DEFINITIONS. RULE 2202. PARTIES ENTITLED TO BRING ACTION FOR WRONGFUL DEATH. RULE 2203. PROCEDURE TO REMOVE PLAINTIFF. RULE 2204. AVERMENTS IN PLAINTIFF’S PLEADING. RULE 2205. … the initial pleading of the plaintiff in an action for wrongful death shall state the plaintiff’s relationship to …
- Plaintiff Personal Injury Wrongful Death Lawyer Baton Rouge Louisiana McGlynn Glisson & Koch Attorneys Attorney …
… Drug Manufacturer Liability. Wrongful Death. Medical Malpractice … © 2003 McGlynn Glisson & Koch. Plaintiff Personal Injury and Wrongful Death …
- Perry, Womack & Ward, L.L.P.
practice areas include medical malpractice, personal injury and wrongful death, premises liability, products liability, and motor vehicle accidents.
- Georgia Wrongful Death Law
… Medical malpractice – Wrongful Death – Plaintiff alleged that Dr … it over Plaintiff’s husband causing death. Plaintiff brought wrongful death action, alleging that Defendant had …
- Eid break for real estate (AME Info)
The upcoming Eid Al Fitr holiday is likely to prove a welcome breathing space for the real estate sector whose fortunes revived sharply in October after a slow September return from the summer.
- Marathon Names David C. Friedman as Senior Director and Chief Legal Counsel Of Real Estate Group (PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance)
Marathon Asset Management, LLC, and its investment group, Marathon Real Estate , today announced that David C. Frie
- Morgan Stanley, Funds Bet on China Real Estate as Boom Falters (Bloomberg.com)
Nov. 1 (Bloomberg) — Shanghai built more skyscrapers in 15 years than New York did in a century, Beijing has the equivalent of three Manhattans under construction, and China’s government says it’s concerned about a property bubble.
- State official speaks at first meeting of area real estate investors association (The News-Messenger)
On Oct. 17, the Sandusky County Area Real Estate Investors Association had its first meeting at Elks Lodge 169, Fremont, with 42 people in attendance.
- Real estate’s rising tide (Sun-Sentinel)
Sun coverage of the housing boom and its consequences in the Baltimore area.
- Real Estate Law – Lawyers, Attorneys & Free Legal Information
… Real Estate Law Questions. General Real Estate Law Questions …
- California Department of Real Estate: 2003 Real Estate Law
This page provides the information contained in the printed 2003 Real Estate Law book in Portable Document Format (PDF). … 2005 Real Estate Law (as of January 1, 2005) … NOTE: The Real Estate Law is provided in Portable Document Format (PDF). You will need Adobe Reader (or an …
- Real Estate Lawyer and Housing Lawyer, Attorney, Law – FindLaw for the Public
… Select type of practice: Real Estate Law Landlord/Tenant Land Use & Zoning … Products Liability Law Professional Malpractice Real Estate Law Securities Law Sexual Harassment Soc …
- LII: Law about…Real Estate Transactions
LII: An overview of real estate law with links to key primary and secondary sources. … Real estate brokers are employed as the agent of the seller in order … and seller of real estate is governed by the general principles of contract law. See Contracts. The …
- Real Estate Law: Real Property and Non-Government Restrictions
Free legal advice on Real Estate Law written by lawyers and attorneys in a Q&A; format. Includes real property, non-government restrictions, zoning, environmental hazards, and public easement. … WHAT ARE SOME TYPICAL RESTRICTIONS IMPOSED BY LAW ON OWNING REAL PROPERTY? … For example, a real estate developer may sell homes in a subdivision or condominiums subject to …
- Long-term data not needed for depression drugs: panel (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
Drug manufacturers seeking U.S. approval for drugs to treat major depression should not be required to first provide data on how well they work long-term, a Food and Drug Administration advisory panel said unanimously on Tuesday.
- Generic drugs could have saved us $20B (USA Today)
Consumers, their employers and health plans in the commercial market could have saved more than $20 billion last year through increased use of generic drugs, according to a new report by Express Scripts Inc., a pharmacy benefit manager.
- Canada to increase antiviral stockpile with more Tamiflu, other drugs (Canadian Press via Yahoo! News)
OTTAWA (CP) – Canada will be increasing its stockpile of antiviral drugs to protect against a possible flu pandemic, with additional purchases of Tamiflu and new purchases of the drug Relenza, the country’s chief medical officer of health said Tuesday.
- Generic Drugs Could Save Americans Billions (HealthDay via Yahoo! News)
TUESDAY, Oct. 25 (HealthDay News) — By using generic drugs, American consumers could have saved $20 billion in 2004, and even more could be saved in 2005 and future years, says a report released Tuesday by Express Scripts Inc.
- Generic Drugs Could Have Saved $20 Billion in Health Care Co (Fox News)
Consumers could have saved more than $20 billion last year through use of generic drugs, according to a new report.
database providing information about medication, treatment notes for specific diseases and conditions, pill identification wizard, pill images, and drug interaction guide.
- Drug Information by RxList
Drug Information by RxList Drug Information by RxList Drug Information for Prescription Drugs, Side Effects, Interactions, Warnings, Overdose, Patient Info, Pharmacology, Online Pharmacy …
- Stop Drugs
information on methamphetamine, links, research, prevention, treatment and enforcement information.
- Club Drugs
information from the National Institute on Drug Abuse about drugs such as Ecstasy, GHB, and Rohypnol, whose use is especially popular at raves and dance clubs.
- Illegal Drug Descriptions
briefs and background on drugs and drug abuse from the DEA.
- Asbestos from Libby a far more toxic variety (Baltimore Sun)
The asbestos contaminating the vermiculite ore from the W.R. Grace & Co. mine in Libby was tremolite. Its fibers are far more toxic, and it produces 10 to 100 times more scarring, than the more widely used chrysotile asbestos. The fibers are like microscopic needles or spears, which, because of their sharpness, become imbedded in lung tissue. Over time, the fibers become infected and create scar
- Payout victory likely for asbestos victims (The Advertiser)
ASBESTOS victims are close to victory, with legislation to fast-track compensation claims likely to go through State Parliament within weeks. Independent MP Nick Xenophon will introduce a Bill to improve laws for victims when Parliament resumes next week.
- Asbestos cleanup plan in the works for Campion Towers (The Greyhound)
Campion Tower is currently going through an on-going asbestos project to ensure that asbestos in the building is not released into the air, and posing a serious risk to students living in the building. Asbestos was widely used in older buildings as insulation in such materials as floor tiles, ceiling tiles, insulation on pipes and ducts and roofing materials because of its resistance to heat and
- Asbestos and Turkish farmers (Medical News Today)
Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous mineral which has been extensively used in most Western countries mainly in building and construction. It was later proven that it can cause different types of cancers and other diseases, the reason why its use is now banned in many countries.
- Ban On Asbestos Products On the Cards (AllAfrica.com)
GOVERNMENT edged closer last week to the mooted ban of asbestos when the cabinet approved the publication for public comment of the new asbestos regulations.